You weren't born with make-up on your face.
So why wear it now?
There is no need to "cover" up who you are.
Society/Media makes one feel they need make-up to be accepted and approved of.
And from this, we lose "touch" of ourselves, we forget to look within, to see the *beauty* in ourselves, because we rely on outside forces to tell us otherwise.
There are cultures all over the world who have their own beauty regime with a starting point of being accepted and approved of. Women in China buy powders to make their skin look porclein and spend a lot of money for this.
Hell, even ancient civilizations, like the ancient Egyptians, wore make-up (Hello Cleopatra!).
Therefore, you can see:
This "relying on outside forces" (society/media) to determine our own self worth has been going on for thousands of years!
I remember the first time I wore make-up. I was 13 years old in 7th grade. I wore black eyeliner because a friend of mine was wearing eyeliner and I thought it was "so cool."
I began getting more into teen magazines and celebrity gossip and fueled my insecurity of wanting to look "pretty" according to the images I would see by buying cosmetics such as LipSmacker lip glosses and NYC eye and skin make-up. I loved wearing eyeliner -- sometimes I would wear white, sometimes blue, mostly black. And I had a ton of lip glosses in my purse and in my room and sometimes only used a lip gloss once. I am not sure how much money went to waste on lip gloss but it's probably more than $50.
When I would apply the lip gloss I would compare my lips to those of models I have seen in magazines and on TV and realize mine are not as full and large as theirs. I would take note of this and hate myself for having small lips.
From all this self-hate and judgement that came from me comparing myself to what I have seen in images/society/media my self esteem just plummeted. And my self worth? Non-existent.
And therefore, acne soon manifests.
Acne is an actual physical manifestation of self-hate/self-judgement of yourself. It is bottled up/suppressed emotions you have within you that has not been forgiven and released.
Doctors claim that a diet in junk food is a factor in developing acne. Or if you eat chocolate you will get a pimple. Not necessarily so. Junk food in moderation is fine, especially if you eat it as self enjoyment and not as an escape or to suppress a feeling ("I'm PMSing" women claim. "So I'm going to have chocolate." Look, you are eating chocolate as an excuse, probably from anger that you are getting your period/you're a women/other female issues.).
But if you eat a lot of junk food you are obviously doing it because you are addicted to it. And addiction happens when you are enslaved to a particular pattern of behavior, and that behavior comes from a suppressed emotions of anger/fear that you don't want to deal with.
Even if you claim you are the "healthiest/cleanest human being on the face of the earth" you are still prone to get acne.
There is this one well-known raw foodist on YouTube who actually got a zit on his forehead and was surprised by this. When I looked into this, I saw that during the time he developed this zit he was touring and giving talks, so stress was probably the culprit -- not food -- because the guy was a raw foodist! He ate the *purest foods* and yet developed this "imperfection."
Therefore, acne goes beyond diet.
Acne is connected to emotions.
When you get a zit, try to see what has been stressing you out -- it all comes back to you and how you have been dealing with yourself.
Therefore, if you catch yourself stressing out about yourself, not being perfect enough, worthy enough, or that you don't feel pretty/good enough, STOP yourself. STOP those thoughts. Say out loud or within you: STOP. Or, what I find helpful, DELETE.
What you fear the most you will become.
Do you fear becoming ugly? Is that what is constantly on your mind?
Then you will become what you define to be "ugly."
Do you fear aging?
Then you will become what you define to be as "aging."
Do you fear gaining weight? *Big one for me!*
Then you will gain weight.
What you think, you become.
The key is just to accept yourself. Do not "wish" to be someone or something else, and do not "fear" on something you (your ego) doesn't want to be.
No positive thinking nor negative thinking. Just being stable with yourself, Here.
As you can see in my previous blogs, diet and loosing weight have been quite the struggle for me because I was constantly thinking about diet and weight.
What I have discovered within myself:
losing weight= looking attractive= approved of by men and society = feeling accepted.
See how deep this shit gets?
Beliefs (they may be yours too)
To be thin/wear makeup is to be attractive.
To be attractive is to be accepted/approved of.
To be accepted/approved of I am now worthy.
See the fuck up here?
Unfortunatly we still allow this abuse in ourselves.
Because we allow these outside forces (images in magazines/TV, society, family/friends, media/whatever) to control us, to make us feel unworthy and that we must listen to them, do what they want us to do as a means to be "accepted and approved of" in this society.
And this shit gets passed down generation after generation.
When are we going to stop fucking with ourselves?
One of my co-workers takes breaks in between working to check up/put on more makeup.
A family member of mine will not even go out in public without wearing her usual routine of a "mask" like eyeshadow, eyeliner, blush, foundation...the entire *thought* of being seen without make-up is terrifying for her.
Stop that shit of worrying because it's not real.
It's all in your head. Stop yourself from any judegments or critisims, either directed towards you or another. Because that's not real.
Just remember who you are.
No comments:
Post a Comment