Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cool Realization: You CAN Change Yourself

The cool thing about ourselves is that if there is a behavior that we don't like about ourselves, we have the power/will to stop it.

I have a tendency to snack at night, an hour or two after dinner.  This has become a habitual behavior within myself, something I have done for several years now.  It is basically because I become bored with myself, or feel lonley, so snacking/eating at night takes away those feelings of 'emptiness.'

Now I don't eat/snack after dinner because I see that when I use to do that it was because I was trying to fill a void in myself.

So I suggest that if there is a behavior you see within yourself that you don't like/doesn't support you, then let you stop yourself.

It is best to look into why you do that behavior: Write it out/talk about it to see what it is that's behind the behavior.

This can be anywhere from late night snacking or overeating, to smoking, to drinking alcohol, to biting your fingernails, to buying too many shoes/perfumes, to gossiping. . .

If you don't like what you do for yourself, if you don't like the consequences you encounter because of what you do -- change yourself!  It's that's cool. You can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment