I came across a few articles centered around Christianity on the Time website.
The first was about a 'modern' Evangelical pastor who is questioning the existence of Hell and is suggesting:
the redemptive work of Jesus may be universal — meaning that, as his book's subtitle puts it, "every person who ever lived" could have a place in heaven, whatever that turns out to be.
Which the rest of the Evangelical church community is pooping in their pants over. If a Christian church were to remove the fear of God's wrath as Hell, they'd lose a hell of a lot of money in the form of "guilty conscience" donations.
This article led me to another article promoting the website for the oldest Bible in the world. It turns out: the oldest bible was written 400 years AFTER Jesus C was alive. HAHA.
I was unable to read the texts myself (found at: www.codexsinaiticus.org) due to my super slow internet connection, but the Time article notes that is quite a lot that has changed in the bible's contents over time.
Anyway, back to my original point: If the oldest bible on earth was written 400 years after the dude's life, how the fuck does any brain-using Christian overlook the obvious question: Is the book actually a valid and true reconstruction of events?
I wasn't raised in a religious house. I was totally confused when people started spewing Christian gibberish at me. I have never seen what the fucking allure of the whole system is about.
Religion is the shield for human stupidity: "Oh no! I'm not responsible for the way I am! GOD made me this way!" and "Who cares about the planet. It's all gonna burn anyway when God smites all the non-believers" or "I don't know what the reason for my life is. There must be some shiny ball-of-light guy in the clouds who is directing everything!"
How about this: If Jesus was real, he may have had good intentions, but was obviously delusional. Or he was just trying to get attention - calling himself the son of God. All he needed was a few good storytellers and some made-up shit about his mother and he could easily override the common peasant minds of the people of the time and make them believe all the crazy shit.
Oh and by the way, love thy neighbour.
-by Cerise Poolman
No comments:
Post a Comment