Last month I hit a deer (killed it too) and it dented the left side of my car. Also, my left rear view mirror was damaged from a previous accident that I never got repaired.
I was able to get those parts fixed a couple of weeks ago.
Then this week after our large snow storm (Blizzard Benedict) I noticed there was a small crack on the left side of my windshield. I became slightly frustrated and ignored it, and I see that I purposely ignored it because I did not want to take my car in the shop again and pay more money, especially since I don't have much money now. So I believed that if I were to "deny" this tiny crack on my windshield, that it would be ok and not cause any damage to the vehicle.
Well, yesterday while driving my sister to Mystic I noticed the crack was bigger than before. Again, I ignored it because I didn't want to consider bringing it in the shop, like I previously mentioned.
But after a while the crack actually became bigger and then I knew I had to do something about this -- that I cannot ignore it any longer.
So I called my insurance company and they told me that I have to pay full price of the damage and that they cannot give me a deduction. I accepted it as is and scheduled an appointment with the auto glass workers.
Today I went to the repair shop and got my windshield fixed. I was able to afford it because I received money from my credit card bill on a claim I disputed, so that's cool.
But as I was driving home I experienced some inner frustration regarding my sister and me. The roads were very slippery and it was snowing outside. I did not watch how I was driving and my car slid into a large pile of snow by some one's house. This made a piece of the front right bumper of my car fall off. I was in utter astonishment that I received another damage to my car and actually began laughing at myself, knowing full well I was responsible for this matter.
A cool learning lesson in that I need to be aware of what I am doing in every moment!
No comments:
Post a Comment