I was looking up natural toothpaste recipes and came upon a website of this cool natural toothpaste recipe containing coconut oil and peppermint oil. In the comments section a woman wrote "All you need is a good soft bristled brush, water and lots of gentle scrubbing action. I used to work for a dentist who told me toothpaste is entirely psychological (people like the clean feel of mint)."
The majority of us use toothpaste that is full of chemicals that can damage our bodies when ingested as well as damage the environment when in the Earth.
I am becoming more aware of what I am putting on my body as well as what I'm putting in my body.
So for brushing my teeth, I'm going to start off using baking soda and warm water and see what that is like. Also, in terms of shampooing, I will also use baking soda, as well as vinegar with warm water. Again I want to test and see what this does for me, as I want to live very simply, as it really is best for me (as well as everyone else).
I also want to paste a copy of Lindsay Craver's status from Facebook which inspired me to look into simple living:
Would you still wear the same clothing if you were the only human being on 'the face of' the Earth? Are you still playing dress-up, projecting a picture-presentation of yourself out onto the world - or do you wear practical clothing that Supports your Physical body so that you are able to move comfortably in this Reality, as Equal and One to this Reality - with nothing to prove,'show off', or present?
Her status made me reconsider what is simple and how to live as simply as possible. Because if you really look at it, we don't need to dress in fancy clothing to *impress* others. It's all about what is most practical, supportive and most simple for us to live.
And besides clothing, I am looking into simple self care techniques of hygiene, such as washing the self-- Warm water is basically the answer, but it could also be cool to add some lemon juice to clean your body as well, as the citrus is a natural astringent that can get rid of dirt and bacteria on your body (and provides a nice smell for you too!)
It's all about simplicity.
Thanks for reading :)
No comments:
Post a Comment