Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dancing

As a child I use to always dance.  I loved it so much I remember I use to have a habit of dancing right after dinner for an hour or two.  I would also teach my friends how to dance and my old friend Megan and I use to create dances, hoping one day we could perform them in front of others.  I would also stretch and practice my splits, as well as do handstands -- all for fun.  Looking back at all this, I was incredibly active as a child.

Fast forward to me here, now, 23 years old, quite stagnant as far as exercise.  Yet sometimes, once in a while, I'll play my iPod and dance, and when I always do, it always makes me feel good -- dancing, moving my body, expressing myself through the music.  It's awesome.

Tomorrow I will be signing up for Zumba (I took some classes before and really enjoyed it but stopped due to schedule conflicts) and will be looking at possibly taking some Adult Hip Hop classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment