
http://lakeozarknow.com/images/content/image/clubs.jpg
I went to a club last night. It was my first time ever going to a club so I was looking forward to it. I prepared myself by bringing some comfortable, but dressy shoes, knowing that if I were to dance, I have to have shoes I can dance comfortably in.
The club I went to was located inside a casino. It was a very high-scale club where celebrities and the wealthy usually hang. As I observed the people around me, I noticed a few things:
Everyone was drinking. And I thought to myself, is this how adults have fun? Because what if we took away alcohol...would people still dance and talk to each other? I see alcohol as an external substance that one must consume to 'have fun,' which is not cool, because than that means to have fun or 'let loose' and 'enjoy oneself' you need something like alcohol to get you there.
And also, alcohol makes you do really stupid things... people let their inhibitions down... Women become more available to men by allowing themselves to not have the control over making decisions... you can't have decent conversations because it usually turns emotional and dramatic...all the while you are wrecking your liver.
In clubs, alcohol is everywhere...you got bars available, you got pictures and advertisements displaying the use of alcohol at parties on screens/posters, and the music being played talks about alcohol, accepting it..."Buy me a drink..."
I will honestly say I had a few sips of a drink from a friend to taste. But since I didn't have much alcohol in my system, I was able to see what was going on. And the first hour there was pretty fun because we were dancing, but then after that there wasn't much to do and more people were getting wild and drunk so I started to not have fun anymore.
And since I work at a school, I have been looking at alcohol from the perspective of a child. A child doesn't need alcohol, or a substance to have fun and talk to people. Adults, especially males, usually need a beer or two to 'loosen the nerves' so they can talk to a girl.
There are many things that we accept and allow (for example, the use of alcohol) that may not be the best for us as human beings. This entire world would be complete chaos if alcohol suddenly didn't exist because people depend so much on it for their lives.
This is why we require a change in not only our economic system, but a change within what each and every single one of us accepts and allow in this world. Because once we die, our children will follow in our footsteps and we have to make sure that the footsteps that they are following in is what's best for all.
No comments:
Post a Comment