Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Best Oatmeal Ever?

So Bobs Red Mill claims they have The Best Oatmeal ever because they won the award in Scotland.
Recently, I have been eating and enjoying oatmeal as my main breakfast.  I have even added fresh chopped apple along with some cinnamon and sometimes some Agave Nectar to make it interesting.

Yesterday after nannying I went to Shop Rite and saw Bobs Red Mill Steel Cut Oats: The Golden Spurtle. Sounds exciting, huh? So I buy it and waited patiently until this morning where I decided to see if what I was about to eat was going to be the best oatmeal ever.










First of all, the texture is interesting.  A coarse grain, the steel cut oats felt kinda neat on my hand:



I boil some rice milk, add the steel cuts oats, and cook it for about 15 minutes.  And voila, add my apple, cinnamon and agave and I am all set:


So was it the Best Oatmeal Ever?

It was amazing. Not sure if it was the best, though.  But it something to enjoy in the mornings!

:)

1 comment: